"Every man's work, whether it be literature or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a
portrait of himself." ~Samuel Butler

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Favorite toy or animal?

How many of you had a or have a favorite toy or stuffed animal from childhood?  I remember mine.  His name was Gimmer.  He was a glow-worm whose face lit up when I squeezed his body.  I took him everywhere I went, but sadly, we left him in a hotel one summer on a family vacation and I never saw him again.  As a child, that left quite an impression on me because I considered "Gimmer" my friend and companion.

For homework, find a favorite toy or stuffed animal.  If you can't find your absolute favorite from childhood you can bring in a second favorite or you can find a picture online of the toy and bring it into class.  Next class, we will be doing story hour outside with my narration of "The Velveteen Rabbit" followed up by time for you to share stories about your favorite childhood "friend."  This will lead us into a short story activity we will be doing soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment